IPL was arrive in 2008 and it got very popular in world wide. Till 2015 in IPL there had many records were made. Records were came from bat and as well as from ball also. Orange cap is given to the batsman who scored most runs in a one season and the Purple cap is given to the players who take most wickets in one season. The battle for the orange cap has always interesting in IPL. There were many batsmen who scored most runs in IPL out of the most runs batsman list half of the players are from India.
Most runs in the IPL career
Out of the top 10 most runner in IPL, 8 players are Indian. Suresh Raina is a player who scored most runs in an IPL career. He scored 3699 runs in 128 innings. He played 132 numbers of matches in IPL and his high score 100* not out. To become most runners he hit 321 fours and 150 sixes. He made 25 half century and only 1 century with the strike rate of (139. 79). Suresh Raina was playing for CSK from 2008 to 2015, now he was bought by Gujarat lions in IPL 2016 edition.
The second most runner is also Indian batsman Rohit Sharma. He is also handle the captaincy of Mumbai Indians. He scored 3385 runs in 124 inning with the strike rate of (131. 55). Rohit Sharma is an opener batsman of Mumbai Indians. Rohit also got out for a duck 7 times in a whole IPL career.
The third most Runner is the Run machine Chris Gayle. We knew that how Gayle hit the ball out of the Ring. Gayle scored 3199 runs in 81 innings. jail held many records like most sixes / fastest hundreds and highest individual runs, he hit 230 sixes Gayle only deal with sixes that way that’s why his strike rate is 153.42 figured as good he is the only player home made by century in IPL career. Orange cap holder in ipl
Orange cap holder in IPL seasons
Orange cap is awarded to a player who made most runs in one season from 2008 to 2015 IPL career many batsman scored 700 plus runs in one single season.
IPL 1, (2008)
– the first Orange cap holder in IPL was Shaun Marsh. Shaun Marsh scored 616 runs in just 11 matches. He is a quality player who played good without taking any risk. He scored 105 half centuries with an average of 68. 44 in season.
IPL 2, (2009)
– Matthew Hayden was awarded the orange cap for being a leading run scorer in 2009 season of IPL. He scored 572 runs in just 12 innings, with the help of 64 fours and 22 innings at the strike rate of (144.81).
IPL 3, (2010)
– In the third season (2010) Orange cap was given to the Legend Sachin Tendulkar. He proved his class after scored 618 runs in just 15 games with the help of 5 half centuries in season. He failed to made single century in his IPL career.
IPL 4, (2011)
– in the 4th season (2011) of IPL, Chris Gayle scored most 608 runs in 12 innings at the average of 67.55. He made most runs in that season and he was awarded with the orange cap holder in ipl. Gayle hit 44 sixes and 56 fours in that season.
IPL 5, (2012)
– Gayle held many records like most sixes, fastest hundred and Highest individual score in IPL. Chris Gayle got another orange cap holder in Ipl 2012. He scored 733 Runs in 14 innings at the strike rate of (160.74). Gayle hit 59 sixes in 2012 IPL.
IPL 6, (2013)
– Chennai Super Kings opener batsman Mike Hussey was Orange cap in the sixth season of IPL. The Classic drives help him to score 733 runs in just 17 games at the strike rate of (129.50). The crucial innings help his team to reach the final.
IPL 7, (2014)
– the Karnataka Batsman Robin uthappa also got the orange cap in the 7th season of IPL. He scored 660 runs in 16 matches. He played a crucial innings and helps his team to reach in final and they succeed to won the final for second time in IPL.
IPL 8, (2015)
– the Australian batsman opener David Warner also got opportunity to wear the orange cap in the previous season (2015) of IPL. He scored 562 runs in 14 matches. He also the captain of Sunrisers Hyderabad. He made 7 half centuries in the 2015 IPL season.
There were total 8 seasons played in IPL so far. Out of total 8 seasons , only 2 indian players were got Orange cap which are sachin Tendulkar (2010) and Robin uthappa (2014). There were 5 overses players, Which are shaun marsh (2008), matthew hayden (2009), chris Gayle (2011) (2012), mike Hussy (2013), and David warner (2015).